Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Quizzy :)

Here's a little quizzy I found...the argument for the posting of calories on menus. Several states have already made it required for restaurants to post calorie counts on their menu. What do you think?

...more of my thoughts on this after finals :)

1. At Denny's, which breakfast item has the least number of calories?
a. Ham & Cheddar Omelet (just the omelet without toast or potatoes)
b. Country fried steak & eggs (just the steak and eggs without toast and potatoes)
 c. An order of French toast with syrup & margarine (3 slices)
 d. An order of pancakes (3) with syrup & margarine

2. Which sandwich from the restaurant Cosi has more than 700 calories?
a. Turkey Rustica
 b. Tuscan Pesto Chicken 
c. Tandoori Chicken 
d. Grilled Chicken T.B.M. 
e. Sesame Ginger Chicken

3. Which item at Dunkin' Donuts has the fewest calories?
a. Sesame bagel with cream cheese 
b. 2 jelly filled donuts 
c. Banana walnut muffin 
d. A medium (24 oz.) strawberry banana smoothie

4. Which grande (16 oz.) Starbucks drink has the fewest calories?
a. Frappuccino Blended Coffee 
b. Frappuccino Blended Crème
 c. Chai Tea Latte 
d. Caramel Macchiato
 e. Cappuccino

5. Which item at McDonald's has the most calories?
a. Big Mac 
b. 2 Sausage McGriddles 
c. Large chocolate shake
 d. 4 hamburgers

6. Would you support the labeling of menus with their calorie content?

3 comments:

  1. OK so here are my answers:d,a,b,c,b, yes

    But I'm pretty sure I got the last one wrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll give this a shot.

    1) I wish it was the French toast. But I'm sort of stumped. 'A' isn't even halal, so it automatically rules that out. I'm going to say 90% it's B, 10% it's D.

    2) Hmm... I've had the tandoori chicken (such a disappointment), and I hope it wasn't that. Maybe the Tuscan Pesto one (because Pesto is yummy, since it has lots of cheese and olive oil)

    3) I'm guessing this question is trying to trick us. I won't fall for it! Answer: B.

    4) I wish this answer would be the chai latte (mmm...I want) but I don't think it is. I'm going for a properly made cappuccino made with 2%. Also, cappuccinos are unsweetened. Now I want to cheat and look at the Starbucks website...

    5) Cold cream. Sugar. Smooth Deliciousness. In a huge cup. D!

    6) Yes! Though I don't think Missouri would do it...too much government intervention in business for our conservative state legislature. One can hope. Maybe you can ask Stephen Webber, Hend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would write down my answers but I want to give other ppl the opportunity to try and answer them correctly themsleves before I give away all the correct answers.

    ReplyDelete